The objective of the HazMat Con-Ed® training system is to provide hazardous materials teams with an organized method for maintaining the competence of their personnel based upon the NFPA Standard 472 “Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials / Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents”, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 and other State or local requirements.
Response Technologies advocates the following essential requirements:
- Completion of a competency refresher task book on a scheduled month basis.
- Provide for the development of a written continuing education plan customized for the employer that complies with the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120.
- Maintain, on behalf of the employer, records that document the successful completion of the continuing education program.
- Provide authoritative instructors to conduct training necessary to complete the competency review .
- Utilizes a wide variety of educational methodologies to maximize information retention, application and cost effectiveness.
We understand managers have increasing work load demands due to the current economic constraints and that organizations are looking for training alternatives that are time saving, cost effective and high in quality. To meet these challenges Response Technologies has developed a managed continuing education program for your hazardous materials and special operations functions called HAZMAT CON-ED®. The program takes three specific phases:
HazMat Con-Ed® starts with you contacting us. Response Technologies will help your organization develop a training needs analysis that identifies specific organizational and personnel educational gaps to be addressed. Once the needs analysis has been completed together we will develop a HAZMAT CON-ED® Road Map. This road map will tap into a wide variety of training sources and activities to help your organization meet your training needs.